To Our Valued Customers:
We would like to connect with you about the upcoming RoHS 3 regulations. This new directive (2015/863) is coming into force quite quickly for PVC and other products used in non-medical applications. Please note the following:
- This new directive is effective July 22, 2019
- Four phthalate plasticizers – BBP, DBP, DIBP, DEHP/DOP – will be added to the restricted list of substances
- As of July 22, 2019, general purpose PVC compounds that are formulated with any of the above plasticizers will not be considered RoHS 3 compliant
- PVC compounds used in medical devices and products as well as monitoring and control instruments have an additional two years to transition
- Many of our general-purpose PVC compounds are already RoHS 3 compliant; we are happy to check the compounds you are purchasing and verify
- If you need to switch to a RoHS 3 compliant compound, it is an easy process. You will find very few differences in processing and pricing
Depending on the nature of your business, now is the time to act as this directive can profoundly impact your business’ ability to supply customers in certain markets.
Our team stands ready to answer questions and help transition- please let us know what you need. Contact your sales representative or a member of our Customer Service team and we will get you moving in the right direction.
Troy E. Brantley
Manager of Regulatory Compliance